Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Found a new technology toy, er, I mean tool to use. I just signed up and tested out my new Ustream account. Man is it cool. This site allows me to broadcast a feed live over the Internet to anyone who is willing to watch (maybe one or two?). I beginning to brainstorm on ways our schools could use this tool in the classroom. Student Television Broadcast could easily be shown live in order for parents to keep up with the news at their student's school. How about streaming a school board meeting? Or even stream a staff development workshop that would allow others throughout the county (or beyond) to participate? What about athletic events? The sky is the limit with this Web 2.0 tool!

I really hope to be able to use this site during my presentation. My thought is to stream my presentation for a few teachers who were unable to make it to the conference, and my wife who just doesn't get enough of me at home :)!

No comments: